Important Safety Tips: Avoid fraud by meeting all sellers in-person to pay for items. Never send or wire money to people you do not know or trust. eBay Classifieds does not offer any transaction or payment services. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
Address:Salem Fields, Fredericksburg, VA 22407
Make: Harley Davidson
Year: Rebuilt 2009- $20k invested
Model: (Modified/Custom) 1981 FLT Frame and Shovelhead Engine
Engine: 81 ci Shovelhead
Miles: Unknown (less than 600 since engine rebuild)
This is an 1981 Harley Davidson that has been 95% rebuilt from the ground up. The only piece not rebuilt was the engine bottom end, which wasn’t needed. Rebuild finished at the end of 2009. The frame has been powder coated flat silver and the tins, bars, front end, rear sprocket, etc (see photos) all gloss black.
Some of the work:
• Rebuilt top end with new heads, new pistons, new push rods, new seals all the way around, new cam; less than 600 miles on the rebuild.
• Rebuilt transmission.
• The tank has been stripped, sealed and repainted with new emblems. Road King Tank.
• All new brakes and works shocks.
• All floorboards have gloss black diamond plate.
• Key and ignition button are mounted under the seat.
• Foot clutch and custom built suicide shift with sealed bearings; shifts very smooth
• Head light switch (on/off/low) and the neutral light, is mounted behind the triple tree.
Being an antique, the bike does not need to be inspected, register once and that's it. The bike does not have a speedo, tach, signals, gas gauge, oil pressure gauge. High beam/off/low beam switch is mounted behind the headlight. It runs excellent and with the one of a kind, custom made pipes, it sounds awesome; very load with strong pressure. All in all an excellent bike and very unique. I do ride the bike, so there are minor blemishes. It is truly an eye catcher and one of a kind. You will not find another like it on the road.
This bike does not come with a warranty, sold as is. Battery tender are not included. Owner is responsible for shipping cost and arrangements; I will take it to a shipping co. if needed
Please e-mail with any questions and send me your number. There really has been a great deal of work done to the bike and I can explain better over the phone.