PHIL PROFFITT 43533 Clivedon Ct • Ashburn, Va 20147 • 703-729-7948 • [email removed]
WAREHOUSING/OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT: Energetic, resourceful manager with fulfillment operations, transportation/distribution logistics, facilities, and warehouse management experience. Strong organizer and planner with the demonstrated ability to implement effective process controls and quality improvement initiatives. Highly effective at training, motivating and counseling to improve performance and productivity. Fully versed in workplace safety and security.
CURRENTLY HOLDS AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
LEAD WAREHOUSE TECHNICIAN/DRIVER
General Dynamics Information Technology – Sterling, Virginia, 2012 to present
As a Warehouse Technician supporting a Department of State contract, I develop and maintain effective warehouse storage practices that promote efficient storage, identification and retrieval. I maintain warehouse and shipping records using automated warehouse management systems. I am responsible for shipping, receiving, storing and identifying materials in an organized manner. I also tag products with barcodes/asset tags and physically locate products in warehouse racking as well entering into WMS. I operate hand and power equipment and tools including forklifts, order pickers, and pallet jacks. Also, I operate the company’s 26 foot delivery truck and cargo van to make deliveries to State annex sites and classified and unclassified pouch drop off sites.
Northern Virginia, 2011 to 2012
I was working as an independent contractor for retail, warehouse operations, and logistics assignments at various client locations. Also, providing consultations for potential sites and setup configurations to insure the right solution for warehouse and distribution centers for clients.
General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems – Fairfax, Virginia, 2010 to 2011
I was working on a 12 month assignment as a Logistics Specialist for General Dynamics with the Department of Defense supporting the United States Navy. My responsibilities included shipping/receiving, distributing, expediting, storing, scheduling and planning. Specifically, I sorted, posted, and filed inventory records and production schedules. I estimated and recorded production rates, prepared shop orders and reviewed stock records to determine stock status against project requirements. I reviewed schedules to determine material and parts requirements to ensure materials were available according to schedules. I received incoming materials, parts, supplies and equipment and unpacked and checked goods received against purchase orders and invoices.
I was working on an eight-week temporary assignment as a Logistics Project Manager Contractor for Amazon where I was responsible for managing a team of contractors in preparation for an inventory audit. Some of the duties included: parts inventory, RMA returns, and disposal of obsolete equipment. In addition, we reorganized the storage area and increased the storage capacity by more than 100% and improved productivity. My team and I were able to clear the RMA backlog that had been holding up revenue for over six months.
WAREHOUSE/CUSTOMER SERVICE/OPERATIONS MANAGER
M&S - Sterling, Virginia, 2003 to 2010
• Responsible for managing and overseeing warehouse and facility operations including material, inventory and quality control as well as mail services and shipping and receiving functions;
• Supervised and oversaw customer service department and employees and online ordering website functions;
• Managed facility staff and work flow, established goals, prepared/conducted performance evaluations.
• Negotiated contracts and purchases with vendors and sales representatives;
• Maintained accurate budget and expense control for company including P&L reports, billings, UPS & Fed Ex accounts and productivity and error reports;
• Maintained thorough and accurate inventories of goods, supplies, etc. through cycle counts and physical audits and inventories and analyzed and resolved any discrepancies or inaccuracies;
• Managed entire office and warehouse site relocation from Fairfax to Sterling, Virginia and completed
reorganization and setup on time and under budget; and
• Developed and implemented procedures and policies for continuous improvement in the efficiency and cost effectiveness of warehouse operations and material control systems.
WAREHOUSE/OPERATIONS MANAGER (EAST COAST)
The Dermal Group – Chantilly, Virginia, 1997 to 2003
• Responsible for warehouse facility and managed all aspects of shipping and receiving functions;
• Resolved shipping and receiving discrepancies with vendors and customers;
• Responsible for maintaining accurate budget and expense control for department;
• Conducted thorough and accurate inventories and resolved any discrepancies;
• Implemented company operations policies and procedures and assisted in updating and revising outdated versions;
• Oversaw relocation of east coast operations site from Reston to Chantilly, Virginia and completed on time and under budget;
• Maintained safety in work practices, materials, and labeling and handling; and
• Responsible for hiring, supervising and conducting performance reviews for warehouse employees.
DISTRICT SALES/DISTRIBUTION CENTER MANAGER
Certified Furniture Sales – Capitol Heights, Maryland, 1986 to 1997
• Implemented warehouse distribution tracking system;
• Managed the distribution, delivery and installation of furniture and materials to customers and stores;
• Responsible for advertising, i.e., newsprint, television and radio;
• Provided superior customer service and resolved customer disputes/problems;
• Responsible for routing customer deliveries, overseeing company delivery trucks,
and hiring, managing, and training drivers;
• Responsible for store and warehouse operations P&L and budgets;
• Accountable for security detail and ordering of stock and supplies for all sites;
• Responsible for securing lease agreements for store sites and truck rentals; and
• Responsible for the hiring and supervising of stores and warehouse staff.
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & Outlook)
• WMS Software; BusinessWorks Accounting Software; IFS Accounting System Software
• TQM Training; Time Management Training; One Minute Manager Training
• Forklift Operator Certified Class 1 Electric Motor Rider & Stand Up Trucks
• Forklift Operator Certified Class 2 Electric Motor Narrow Aisle Trucks
• Forklift Operator Certified Class 3 Electric Motor Hand or Hand/Rider Trucks
• Forklift Operator Certified Class 4 Internal Combustion Engine Trucks Solid Tires
• Forklift Operator Certified Class 5 Internal Combustion Engine Truck Pneumatic Tires
Graduated from Wakefield High School, Arlington, Virginia
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
Click to copy
Just contact Customer Support.
Why list WAREHOUSE/LOGISTICS on eBay Classifieds? It's Free, Friendly & Local